12/06/2013 Leave a comment
“The righteous works that continue to benefit a believer after his death include:
- the knowledge that he taught and spread among others
- a righteous son whom he leaves behind
- or a copy of the Qur’an that he bequeaths to his inheritors
- or a mosque that he builds
- or a rest house that he builds for the wayfarers
- or a canal of water that he digs for the benefit of others
- or a charity that he gives out of his property during his life while he is sound of health.
He will continue to receive reward for all these even after his death.”
~ Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
(Narrated by Abu Hurairah, Ibn Majah, Fiqh-us-Sunnah 4:86)
Who today considers the building of masjids and canals lesser priorities than study, research and education, given primary priority by our Prophet, peace be upon him?
Is it any wonder many Muslims today remain in jahiliyyah (ignorance) when they do not adhere to this most illuminating advice of our Prophet, peace be upon him?
Have we considered, this may have something to do with why many majority Muslim countries are not fulfilling their true potential, while other countries surpass them in scientific and economic achievements?
We are victims to our own attitude; whether that be positive and progressive or negative and destructive. This starts with each of us as individuals; do not blame others for your own shortcomings. Work on resolving them, so they may become your strengths!
Strive for and be the best for the sake of Allah SWT, for yourself, your family and the future of Islam.
Please share, so others may benefit and you may receive the barakah (blessing) of disseminating knowledge.
Paul Salahuddin Armstrong